The week will be spent examining the AP US History course and exam, including content and methodology. There will be a variety of activities for participants to develop and share strategies and ideas.
- The emphasis will be on:
- Setting up an AP course
- Examining available support materials: textbooks, website options, supplementary texts, review books.
- Working on creating an AP Course Audit syllabus and a pacing guide
- Working with multiple choice questions, both in terms of writing better ones and successfully answering the ones that appear on the AP exam.
- Strategies for successfully answering AP short answer and essay questions
- Analyzing past exams, including samples from the most recent exam
- Practical, classroom expectations and the preparation of materials and strategies that can be used on the first day of the new school year.
- Consultant: Barbara Ramsey
- College Board Workshop Handbook
- Curriculum Materials and Activities
- Sample Textbooks
- Flash drive
- Lunch & Snacks
- Things to Bring:
- The textbook you will be using. If you are beginning a new course and do not have a textbook, there will be samples available.
- Your school and/or district calendar for 2017-18 to assist you in creating a pacing guide.
- Several lesson plans that already work well for you in Regular, Honors or AP US History.
- Any valuable web sites you use
- An open mind, willingness to share ideas and explore different instructional strategies.