This AP Summer Institute provides both new and experienced Advanced Placement Music Theory teachers with resources to maximize both teaching and learning within the classroom. Through the use of released exams, released free response questions, worksheets, and other materials, participants will work collaboratively to foster greater understanding of the course content as well as successful strategies for AP Exam preparation. Participants will explore the five musical concept skills areas crucial to the Exam: hearing, sight-singing, writing, composing, and analyzing and place those in the framework of a logical scope and sequence for the course. Additional topics include specific AP Music Theory course content, exam structure, scoring guidelines with rubrics, and using College Board materials and resources.
- Consultant: Louie Silvestri
- College Board Workshop Handbook
- Curriculum Materials and Activities
- Sample Textbooks
- Flash drive
- Lunch & Snacks
Participants should bring:
- If possible, a laptop or other electronic device, staff paper, pencils.
- If they are willing to share, experienced participants are invited to bring a College-Board accepted syllabus and/or favorite teaching materials.
|For Prospective & New Teachers|
Prospective &/or new teachers tend to make up a majority of Music Theory participants